- Take a tour
- What is Yakaz
- Your safety
- Terms & Conditions
Follow us on
Scams, spams, harassment
Don't be gullible! Yakaz may be a nice place to communicate, but that doesn't mean that everyone using Yakaz is honest. Here are a few recommendations about how to avoid a bad experience:
- Always deal locally.
- Meet the people you're dealing with in person.
- Make sure to meet in public places, and don't invite strangers to your home.
- Never provide your personal or banking information in a chat or a conversation.
- Choose safe payment methods (preferably cash). Beware of wire transfer and escrow services.
- If it seems too good to be true... it probably is.
Be suspicious whenever you face any of the following behaviors:
- Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country.
- Wants to pay by Western Union, Moneygram, cashier's check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a guarantee.
- Refusal to meet face-to-face.
- Be particularly suspicious of pet and vehicle listings.
We recommend all Yakaz users to take simple precautions, including using our trust system that helps you figure out who you may rely on. Always bear in mind that common sense is the safest way to proceed. Learn more about scams. Read our complete Scam guide.
Help us fight scammers
If you feel offended or harassed by another user, you can:
- Report it to us by clicking on the "Report Spam" icon on their profile.
- Click on the flag icon below the ad.
- Block him by clicking on the "Block" icon on his profile. After you do this, you will no longer see the messages he posts, and he won't be able to contact you through Yakaz.